Extending help to the needy
Bringing back the message of the gospel
Standing in the gap through worship
We extend help through:
- The Home of New Life was founded in 1997 to host deprived children whose families were unable to provide the basic necessities for their children. The children come from a variety of different backgrounds and beliefs.
- The Home provides a loving environment with a “sense of belonging” as well as caring for the spiritual, physical and emotional needs. The goal is to help the children grow in a normal environment full of love and support that will prepare each child to become an important and productive member of society.
- Children in the West Bank have suffered physically and emotionally from the political and economic tensions in the area; many have not known a life without violent confrontation and conflict. Due to these factors, an increase in abuse, divorce, and dysfunctional families exists.
- One out of every five Palestinian children suffers from a lack of nutrition and family care. An enormous need exists for the involvement of social, psychological and community services. The trauma of the occupation has required intense treatment for adequate care of children.
- Non-governmental organizations and charitable societies have played a dynamic role since the 1967 military occupation; however, a number of non-profit services fall short of meeting the increasing demands. As a result, more children are turning to drugs, smoking, soliciting, and consequently encountering molestation, abuse, and violence.
- In the town of Ramallah, there is a shortage of institutional child services. Private institutions and agencies provide limited services in health, education, recreation, and vocational training. These resources are day programs, which often cannot be attended by those who need them most due to their schooling. Proper care and treatment are scarcely available, if found at all. Unfortunately, we do not have a government-based welfare program, and the private welfare agencies offer very limited assistance for the extensive number of impoverished families and orphans.
- For the above reasons, the Home of New Life opened its doors for children from the West Bank and Gaza Strip. The Home provides a stable, loving environment for personal growth and confidence.
We do Worship through:
- The longer we minister in this area, the greater we see the magnitude of this ministry! Beyond simply providing a better future for currently disadvantaged children through funds for social relief or education, we are constantly reminded that there is a calling for a far greater mission! The Lord is continually intending to reshape an upcoming generation (or generations) to carry through the saving knowledge of His holiness here in the heart of this “Holy” Land.
- Our Sovereign Lord has allowed us to see, despite the constant horrors that have been and might currently be taking place around us, that worship makes a difference! Watching the situation in Egypt, for example, we have evidence that a minority of fervently worshipping believers who worship in Spirit and truth, by faith become an agent to preserve the being of their nation. Their praise and cries can call upon the Lord’s presence to destroy the works of evil in it.
- Watching the daily news, the depth of Jesus’ pain and grief as he wept over Jerusalem on His way to the cross is brought home to us:
- Would that you, even you, had known on this day the things that make for peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes. For the days will come upon you, when your enemies will … tear you down to the ground, you and your children within you…. because you did not know the time of your visitation. (Luke 19: 42-44)
- The current cry of our hearts is that upon the Lord visiting this current generation inhabiting this land, it would be different than that initial visit. Our prayer is that they would know “the things that make for peace!” through knowing the Prince of Peace! That they would have the necessary “knowledge,” that would recognize, await and welcome His coming!
- Psalm 89:15 (NKJV) 15 Blessed arethe people who know the joyful sound!
They walk, O Lord, in the light of Your countenance.
We bring the Gospel through:
- In the heart of the troubled West Bank is a light of hope for the people. Ramallah Local Church has been the epicenter for spreading the Gospel message of salvation and hope in Ramallah since 1978, while maintaining a heart of service to the surrounding community.
- Many in the West Bank have suffered during the political turmoil due to the economic conditions and unemployment. The church has helped to provide food vouchers and food baskets to people with demonstrated financial needs.
- Our primary goal is to share Jesus Christ. This is done through a variety of activities for people of various ages. Whether through Sunday worship services, Bible study classes, youth meetings, children’s programs, ladies’ meetings, couples’ meetings or the numerous other activities and events held throughout the year, the church aims at delivering and practicing the core message of the gospel of Christ. At the end of the school year, we have a summer camp, a day program that runs for approximately four weeks operating in the church. This is a great time for ministry as well as outreach.
- Due to the lack of space, the church currently shares the building with the Home of New Life. We are currently praying and raising support to be able to obtain a facility that would more adequately meet the expanding needs of our congregation.